The FIRST 72 hours after an accident.
You were involved in an accident. You were injured. Here is a guide on what to do in the first 72 hours to help maximize your chance at recovery in a claim against the opposing party and insurance. The first 72 hours are considered crucial to your case. Spend them wisely.
RecordIts important to promptly make note of what took place as soon as you have a chance to make sure you don't make a mistake in the future. If your injury is so severe that you are unable to do so, you may want to have someone else assist you with this.
Here are some important things that you want to record:
1) Date, time, and location of the accident
2) Traffic, weather, and road conditions
3) What direction you were traveling in and your approximate speed.
4) Always try to get a police report. Be sure to get the officers name, badge number, and precinct.
5) If there are any witnesses or other parties involved be sure to get all relevant information including
name, address, and contact information.
6) Get the license plate numbers, registration information, and insurance information of all involved
7) A detailed written record of your recollection of how the accident occurred.
Medical HelpThe primary concern in an accident is your health and recovery from any injuries. To preserve your claim, get medical attention as soon as possible. Be sure to get copies of all medical documentation, test results, doctors' notes, X-rays, MRI, and CAT scans. These documents are very important to your claim.
DON'T TALK TO ANYONEOftentimes the opposing party, insurance, adjuster, family member, or someone else will ask you about your accident. Under any circumstances do not discuss your accident with anyone until you have sought legal representation. Do not give a recorded statement or otherwise talk about the accident. Regardless of what you are told, anything you say can and will be used against you down the line. Allow your personal injury attorney to handle all communication with the opposing party, insurance, and any other interested parties.
Let us do what we do best!Contact LA Law Group, APLC. From your first call you will find that we are eager to go out of our way and help make sure that all your legal concerns are thoroughly addressed, allowing you to focus on getting the medical attention you need. We know how the insurance companies process these claims, and use a strategical approach to product the optimal results for our clients.
Call us today at (866) 625.2529 to schedule a FREE comprehensive consultation.