Written by attorney William Michael Berman

The Difference Between Skilled Nursing Facilities and Residential Care Facilities

Residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs) and skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) are often confused as being the same thing. However, the two types of live-in facilities for elderly persons are very different, and are held to different standards of care.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer