The Basic Do's and Don'ts of a DUI stop
The goal of this is to give you the reader a very general understanding of your rights and what you can and should probably do when stopped for a DUI as well as things to avoid. However, none of this constitutes legal advice and is purely for educational purposes. Always Consult an Attorney.
The Do'sIf you're pulled over, make sure to try and follow these guidelines:
1. Do everything to put the Officer at Ease
2. Comply to the best of your ability with what the Officer is asking of you (however refer to the don'ts)
3. Make an appointment or call your attorney ASAP
4. Make sure the attorney you find is reputable
**Try and contact your attorney ASAP as many states have an admin per se consent form that will be served to you with respect to drawing your blood. It's important to know what your State rules are.
The Don't1. Don't answer questions that will incriminate you
2. DO NOT do the FSTs without contacting your attorney first
3. Don't take a PBT without consulting your attorney first