Written by attorney Romy B Jurado

The Artist and Entertainer Visas: O1, P1, P2, P3, B-1 & B-2

The U.S. visa program is very diverse and broad. It covers a large group of artists and entertainers in addition to individuals with extraordinary ability in the fields of science and technology. Here are the Artist and Entertainer Visas: O1, P1, P2, P3, B-1 & B-2.

Additional resources provided by the author

The United States has long recognized the value of exposure to foreign culture and art by allowing the practitioners of the arts to seek non-immigrant visas that allow them to stay and practice their craft in the U.S. for a period of time. Just as there are different types of artists, there are different types of visas available to them. While we will explore each in depth below, keep in mind that there are three basic types of these visas. O1 visas are reserved for the internationally acclaimed artists and entertainers with extraordinary talent and skill. P1 visas are for a group of artists who are internationally known for their talents as a group. P2 and P3 visas are reserved for artists and entertainers who either individually or as part of a group are participating in some sort of cultural exchange or who are part of culturally unique program. B-1 visas are reserved for artists and entertainers who are professionals coming to participate in cultural programs or competitions. B-2 visas are tourist visas and a waiver program for amateur artists and entertainers. The U.S. has a long and standing commitment to encouraging and allowing visits from artists and entertainers of all types and skill levels to the U.S. to share their culture and gifts with the American people.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer