Stopping the Jerks and Lurks
MANDATORY SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING The Rules Have Changed, Are You Ready?
With the #metoo movement and the marked rise in media-reportedworkplace sexual misconduct claims, employers should regularly confirm they are taking all reasonable steps necessary to prevent discrimination and harassment.
California continues to be a national leader inlegislating just what constitutes “reasonable.” Starting January, 2019, employers statewide with five or more on the payroll must provide at least two hours of sexual harassment training to all supervisors and at least one hour to all other employees, whether full-time, part-time or temporary. Employers must complete all such training by January 1, 2020.
While a business may opt for online instruction,that alternative comes with near-inevitable interruptions, distractions and simultaneous worker multi-tasking, thus undermining the intended positive impact of the law.
We offer on-site in-person group seminarsthat in a few hours effectively fulfill both supervisor and rank-and-file employee requirements. The compelling reasons for a live session include:
1. Concentrated interaction with trainer and participants, with ability to discuss how principles apply to actual work conditions;
2. Immediate answers to questions, benefitting all attendees;
3. Employees tend to pay closer attention;
4. Role-playing opportunities;
5. Updated materials in a rapidly developing field;
6. Proper emphasis on relative importance;
7. Customized and tailored areas of training;
8. Preventative measures emphasized;
9. Live training confirms company commitment to effectively addressing and preventing unlawful workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation; and
10. By all feedback we’ve received, our sessions are engaging, even fun!
See also:• Top Ten Reasons for Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Sept 2017)
• #metoo and the Workplace (Dec 2018)
• Harassment Prevention Training is Mandatory in California 2019 Deadline (Feb 2019)
We have developed our on-site training over more than 20 years of delivery,providing real-life instruction on identification, prevention and internal resolution of workplace harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
For more information, costs and to schedule your seminar,contact [email protected]