Written by attorney Daniel Joseph Jones

Start a Business in the US with an E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

E-2 visas are a popular option for foreign nationals to live in the US based on an investment in a new or existing business.

Additional resources provided by the author

Getting a visa is only one piece of the legal puzzle when starting a business in the US. See my guide for some other important legal considerations: For those buying an existing business, see my guide here:

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer