Written by attorney James Edward Monroe

Should You Request Diversion?

In certain circumstances, courts may offer alcohol or drug treatment instead of criminal penalties like incarceration. While this option certainly sounds attractive, it comes with many strings, and it may not be right for everyone. Read on for information about the NY Judicial Diversion Program.

Additional resources provided by the author

If you have been arrested on drug charges in Orange County or the Mid-Hudson Valley, be sure to speak with experienced New York criminal defense attorneys about the best options in your particular case.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer