Written by attorney Joseph W. Riccio

Should I file for Temporary Protective Order?

The process of applying for a Temporary Protective Order ("TPO") can be overwhelming and emotional. A skilled attorney that practices in this area of law would be best suited to represent you. They will guide you so you know where to file the TPO and when.

Additional resources provided by the author

Bonus information: If you are not married to the adverse party, or have no familial ties, you may need to seek a Temporary Restraining Order ("TRO"), but that needs to be commenced in the District Court located at 200 Lewis Ave--not the Family Court as is the case for TPO's.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer