Skip to main content

Short Sale and the IRS

Posted by attorney James Schroeder

Will I owe taxes to the IRS if I do a Short Sale?

You will likely get a 1099 for the transaction but there is an exemption for homeowners who sell their principle residence - until the end of 2013.

Additional resources provided by the author

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Recommended articles about Real estate

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer