Skip to main content

How to Settle a Small New York Estate Without Going to Court

Posted by attorney Rudolf Karvay

You may be able to collect bank accounts and other assets by simply preparing and presenting an affidavit requesting that the funds be released to you. You don't have to file anything in court and you may not need a lawyer to do this. However, there are conditions that must be met.

Additional resources provided by the author

I have provided a link (below) to my Web site were you will find additional information on the Small Estate Affidavit requirements and free online forms that you may prepare and use.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?