Written by attorney Roland Lyal Rillos

Setting Aside a Judgment of Guilt

Arizona has no legal process to expunge a criminal record. However, the State Legislature has enacted A.R.S. 13-907 which allows a person to apply for a court order setting aside a judgment of guilt. The majority of people convicted in Arizona have this option available to them.

Additional resources provided by the author

If you have questions regarding this information you can find ARS 13-907 on line. The statute outlines qualifications. For information about filing a motion, or your case, look on the Superior Court Website for rules and information regarding format of motions and where to file. If your case is in a city or justice court call the court personally and seek information from a clerk.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer