Written by attorney Elaine Siegmund

Pooled Income Trusts

Question: My parents are in their eighties and live at home together. My mother is in good health; however, I have noticed my father’s health is declining. While my mother is able to assist him in some ways, I think he would benefit from Medicaid home care services by having an aide to help in their home. I know that there is a maximum amount of income people allowed to be on Medicaid and I am worried they will not be able to maintain living in their home. Is it possible for my father to qualify for home care Medicaid, but keep his income to pay for the household expenses?

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer