Written by attorney Rixon Charles Rafter III

Performance of a Marriage in Fairfax County

Fairfax COunty Clerk's Office Marriage Certificate Information:

Marriages are not performed by the Clerk's office, however, a list of local civil marriage celebrants is available at the Circuit Court or any of the magisterial government centers throughout the county.

A list of civil marriage celebrants may be obtained by mail.

Send a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. Out-of-state ministers must be authorized by the Circuit Court to perform marriage ceremonies in Virginia.

See the Fairfax County Marriage Celebrant page ( or call 703-691-7320 and press 3, 6, 1, 4 for qualifying details.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer