Written by attorney Christopher Stephen Nelson

Parental Relocation with a Child in Florida

If your child is subject to F.S. 61.13001 which is typically when you are in, or were in divorce, paternity or other proceedings under this statute, when one parent wants to relocate more than 50 miles from their current address a specific statutory process must be followed. Here are the steps.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer