Written by attorney John Griffin Watts

Once my judgment has been satisfied, what happens with my credit reports?

First of all, you need to check your credit reports.

If the judgment is labeled as "paid," or "satisfied," then there's nothing else to do.

If the judgment hasn't been corrected, then you need to properly dispute with the credit reporting agency and send them a copy of the satisfaction of judgment.

Once you've disputed with them, they should fix your reports for you.

If they refuse to fix them, you need to look into suing the under the FCRA for false credit reporting.

Hope this is helpful to you!

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer