Written by attorney Michael H. Gruhin

Ohio BWC - I got hurt and no one is paying my bills or wages - my employer is fighting my claim.

Temporary Total Disability

My injury hasn’t healed and I can’t go back to work yet – How do I get paid – How do I feed my family? My employer is fighting my claim! Now what?

An injured worker who misses more than seven days of work as a result of their injury, may request payment of temporary total disability compensation. This is the compensation an injured worker receives during the period of inablity to return to work.

An injured worker who misses less than 7 days of work does not receive any temporary total disability compensation for the work days missed. The computation of days does not include the day you are injured or the day you return. The days counted include weekends, whether you work weekends or not.

If the worker is temporarily and totally disabled from working for less than twelve (12) weeks, compensation is paid based upon the worker’s earnings in the week prior to the injury (or earnings in the six (6) weeks prior to the injury). If the injured worker is unable to work for more than twelve weeks, the rate of compensation is based upon the worker’s average weekly wage for the year prior to the injury.

Compensation paid when you are unable to work as a result of an allowed Ohio BWC claim. Workers’ Compensation pays 72% of your Full Weekly Wage for the first 12 weeks you are unable to return to your job. From week 13 and on, you are paid at the rate of 66.667% (2/3) of your Average Weekly Wage. It is extremely important that your FWW and AWW are correctly set. If they are not, you will not receive the correct amount of weekly compensation payments. Check out the compensation rate chart here.

If you have been hurt on the job and you aren't getting paid and/or your employer is fighting the claim, you need a Board Certified Ohio Workers' Compensation Specialist Attorney who knows the law, the rules, and has the specialized experience to seek and obtain all of the compensation you deserve. Call Mike Gruhin, "The Comp Specialist", Certified Specialist by the O.S.B.A. Law Specialty Board. The call is free and the advice is free. Just make the call!. There are time limits, so act now!

You pay no more for a Board Certified Specialist. The contingency fee is the same - so why would you want a general practitioner, a non-specialist, to represent you in your Ohio Workers' Compensation claim.

Additional Resources

Gruhin & Gruhin, Attorneys Gruhin & Gruhin Facebook Fan Page Mike Gruhin's Personal Facebook Page

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer