You will need to complete Section A only. You will need to know the arresting agency, the date of your arrest and the charges against you.
This will need to be completed and signed in front of a notary. TIP: Your local bank should have a notary on hand and typically do not charge if you have an account at their bank.
Now for the hard parts. You need to get a few items.
1. Fingerprints - The applicant must be fingerprinted by authorized law enforcement personnel or a criminal justice agency. A FDLE Fingerprint Form, FD 40-024, is supplied with the application package. Make sure it's completely filled out!
2. Disposition of the Case - This may be obtained from the Clerk of Court in the county in which the charge(s) were brought. They will charge you for this, typically $5-$10. For Pre-trial Intervention cases and other Diversion programs, a certified letter of completion from the State Attorney's office may substitute for a certified disposition.
3. Termination of Probation - If you don't have a "certified copy" in your file, a copy of the letter from your probation officer indicating that you have completed your probation will work. Just make a copy and send it with your paperwork.
4. Money order: $75 made out to the FDLE
Mail it all in
Double check everything and send it in to the FDLE.
Don't forget to:
1. Sign and date your application in front of a notary;
2. Provide a certified disposition of your case;
3. Include your name, race/sex, date of birth, social security number and signature on the fingerprint form, and;
4. Provide a $75.00 check or money order made payable to FDLE.
After several months, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement back if you completed the first 4 steps correctly.
Now the difficult part, you must Petition the court to seal your record. See part #2 to see what you must do to Petition the Court to seal your record.
Part #2 will cover the following:
1. Affidavit: Must be completed and signed before a notary.
2. Petition to Seal or Expunge: Must be completed and signed.
3. Order to Seal or Order to Expunge depending on your Certificate of Eligibility: Must
be completed except for judge's signature block
4. Certificate of Eligibility from the FDLE (Original)