Written by attorney Parisima Roshanzamir

Nuts and Bolts: An Overview Of Claims Against a Public Entity [Government Owned Companies]

Before you can file a law suit against the government or a public entity, you must first notify the public entity of your claim. This article covers the procedures you must follow before you can recover for your injuries. You were injured due to the City's negligence, here is what you need to know!

Additional resources provided by the author

28 U.S.C. § 2674. Westcon Const. Corp. v. City. of Sacramento, (2007) 152 Cal.App.4th 183, 200; Traffic School Online, Inc. v. Clarke, (2003) 112 Cal.App.4th 736, 742. Gov. Code, §§ 810 et seq. Gov. Code, § 911.2; State of California v. Superior Court, (2004) 32 Cal.4th 1234, 1239 [A timely written claim is a condition precedent to a plaintiff maintaining an action against a public entity]. Cal. Code. Civ. Proc., § 335.1; Gov. Code, § 911.3 [The six months rule applies to claims filed in state court, but federal courts apply a two year statute of limitation time bar.] Gov. Code, §§ 912.4 subd. (a), 911.6. Gov. Code, § 912.4, subd. (c). Gov. Code, §§ 946.4, 53050; Wilson v. San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, (1977) 19 Cal.3d 555, 556.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer