North Carolina - BOND & RELEASE - LEGAL REFERENCE MATERIALS
§ 15A-532. Persons authorized to determine conditions for release; use of two-way audio and video transmission.
(a) Judicial officials may determine conditions for release of persons brought before them or as provided in subsection (b) of this section, in accordance with this Article.
(b) Any proceeding under this Article to determine, modify, or revoke conditions of pretrial release in a noncapital case may be conducted by an audio and video transmission between the judicial official and the defendant in which the parties can see and hear each other. If the defendant has counsel, the defendant shall be allowed to communicate fully and confidentially with his attorney during the proceeding. Upon motion of the defendant, the court may not use an audio and video transmission.
(c) Prior to the use of audio and video transmission pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, the procedures and type of equipment for audio and video transmission shall be submitted to the Administrative Office of the Courts by the senior regular resident superior court judge for a judicial district or set of districts and approved by the Administrative Office of the Courts. (1973, c. 1286, s. 1; 1993, c. 30, s. 1.)
Additional resources provided by the author
- North Carolina Murder Manslaughter Legal Defense Attorney
- Bill Powers – Professional Bio - Criminal Defense Lawyers Charlotte NC
- Miranda Rights in NC DUI-DWI Charges & Miranda Warnings in General
- NC LAW BLOG
- Assault and Battery Charges in NC
- I'm just sayin' - President Bill Powers - NCAJ.com
- How important is good legal advice?
- Bill Powers - Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in NC - National Trial Lawyers - Criterion for Inclusion