NJLAWS NEWSLETTER E527
1. Vice President Biden and Kenneth Vercammen in Edison 10/12/17.Joe Biden grew up in Scranton PA. Ken V first met then Senator Biden in 1981 at the University of Scranton. VP Biden founded the Biden Cancer Initiative whose mission is to develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research, and care, and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes.
2. Recent cases. OPRA can also require electronically stored data. John Paff v. Galloway Township.The Appellate Division's overly constrictive reading of OPRA cannot be squared with the OPRA's objectives or statutory language. OPRA recognizes that government records will constitute not only paper documents, but also information electronically stored. The fields of information covering "sender," "recipient," "date," and "subject" in the emails sent by the Galloway Township Chief of Police and Clerk over a two-week period are government records under OPRA.
3. Mandatory DNA samples in serious Municipal court criminal.Anyone who pleads guilty to most criminal disorderly criminal offenses must provide a DNA sample upon a guilty plea.
Effective July 1, 2017, the New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety will require DNA collection for 19 disorderly persons offenses at the time of conviction. The State Police memo dated May 12, 2017 can be viewed
At the time of collection, the offender's identity must be electronically verified via the LiveScan machine using the Criminal Inquiry option, not Criminal Arrest as Criminal Arrest prints were already taken at the time of arrest. Care must be taken to avoid taking Criminal Arrest prints from a subject for the same offense twice.
2C:35-10 All drug charges and Paraphernalia
4. Charity Races and events:November 5, 2017
RUN with the VIKINGS 5K 10:00 AM South Brunswick High School, Bob Tona's event [Ken V can't attend , but it's a good race] then 11/ 5 watch NY Marathon
November 12, 2017
Hashathon 6.6 Mile Cheesequake challenging, dangerous trails, beer, great post race party with band, Mark Griggs' great race 11am
November 18, 2017
Manasquan Turkey Run 5-mile 11am party at taverns after race discount beer co sponsor Wakefern Shoprite
November 19, 2017
Gobbler Express Train Run, Asbury Park, not a race. Get on train in Asbury, go south and get off either Bradley, Belmar or Spring Lake, then run back 2,4, or 6 miles, Post Run social at Johnny Mac's Located at 208 Main Street in Asbury Park - Across from Train Station co sponsor Wakefern Shoprite
5. Handling Drug, DWI and Serious Cases in Municipal Court Seminar.October 30, 2017 5:30PM-9:05PM
NJ Law Center, New Brunswick, NJ
Please forward to any attorneys, prosecutors or judges you believe may be interested.
Speakers: Kenneth A. Vercammen, Esq., Metuchen Public Defender, & Past Municipal Court Attorney of the Year.
Tara Auciello, Esq., Municipal Prosecutor (South River)
William Brigiani, Esq., Past Middlesex Bar President
Gregory DeMichele, Esq., NJSBA Trustee
John Menzel, Esq., Past Chair, NJSBA Municipal Court Practice Section
Norma M. Murgado, Esq., Chief Prosecutor (Elizabeth), Chief Prosecutor (Woodbridge)
This informative seminar on Municipal Court practice and procedure will familiarize you with recent new developments affecting cases that are heard in Municipal Court. An authoritative panel of experienced attorneys will be joined by well-respected Municipal Prosecutors to explore a wide variety of matters that you are likely to encounter. They will also bring you up to date on recent developments you need to understand in order to effectively represent your clients.
Free for law students based on space available.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE FOR CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
NJICLE, A Division of the NJSBA NJ State Bar Association 732-214-8500 [email protected] Seminar #ICMCP150717
For lawyers $170- $190 tuition depending on NJSBA membership
1/2 price for Judges.
6. General Christopher Burne with Ken V at NJ Bar Assoc Veterans Affairs Symposium.Both went to University of Scranton. Lt. Gen. Christopher F. Burne is Judge Advocate General, United States Air Force. He is a 3 star General and Scranton class of 1980. Ken V was co-captain of Scranton cross-country and class of 1981.
7. Linda Klein Immediate Past President, American Bar Association ABA w Ken v at Veterans AffairsEditorial Assistance provided by Kelly Mazza. Ms. Mazza, currently participating in Kenneth Vercammen's Fall Internship program, attends Rutgers University majoring in Philosophy and minoring in Criminology.
Like Us On: Facebook
Endorse Us On: Linkedin
KENNETH VERCAMMEN & ASSOCIATES, PC
ATTORNEY AT LAW
2053 Woodbridge Ave.
Edison, NJ 08817