NJ LAWS EMAIL NEWSLETTER E525
Help Wanted - Clerk for Law Office
NJ adopts same-elements test as the sole test for determining what constitutes the "same offense" for purposes of double jeopardy.
Dash cam video in fatal shooting public record.
Canine dog sniff cannot be long delay.
Fun Upcoming Running Races & Charity events selected by Kenneth Vercammen
1. HELP WANTED - Clerk for Law Office - envelope stuffing, misc. clerk duties Oct 5 - Dec 10Monday-Friday
3 hours per day start 8:55am $9.00 per hour
-Adding client names to computer database, prepare letters, and work on client traffic ticket matters.
- Preparation of documents on Computer and mail to courts
-General Office duties in Law Office
-Update mailing/ client lists and learn marketing
-All other work needed including working on litigation cases
Must be dependable and committed to perfection.
A good way to learn NJ Law Office procedures. Call Law Office of Kenneth Vercammen & Associates at 732-572-0500. Check out our website at www.njlaws.com to see more information on our law office.
NJ adopts same-elements test as the sole test for determining what constitutes the "same offense"..for purposes of double jeopardy. More difficult for double jeopardy. State v. Miles, 229 N.J. 83
3. Dash cam video in fatal shooting public record.NJMG was entitled to disclosure of unredacted Use of Force Reports, under OPRA, and dash-cam recordings of the incident, under the common law. Investigative reports, witness statements, and similarly detailed records were not subject to disclosure at the outset of the investigation, when they were requested.
4. Canine dog sniff cannot be long delay State v. Dunbar.The Court adopts the federal standard barring unnecessary delays for the purpose of canine sniffs. Officers do not need reasonable suspicion of a drug offense provided that the canine sniff does not prolong the stop beyond the time required to complete the stop's mission. (A-94-15; 077839)
5. Fun Upcoming Running Races & Charity events selected by Kenneth Vercammen9/24/17 Steeplechase 5k & 10k Hillsborough 8:45
10/ 7/17 Metuchen Fair [not a race]
10/8/17 Rook Run Long Branch
10/15/17 East Brunswick 5k & 10k 10am RVRR new start EB Community Arts Center 721 Cranbury Rd. in East Brunswick) well run event Road closed to traffic www.ebrr.org, post race we go to Lori's Lakeside on Farrington Lake, North Brunswick
September 26, 2017
Wills, Estate Planning & Probate Seminar at Sayreville Senior Center
10am open to the public
423 Main Street
Sayreville NJ 08872
For information Call Sayreville Senior Center 732-390-7059
Jen Krushinski: [email protected]
September 30, 2017 A "Knight" of Comedy
Presented By: The Valdez Agency, LLC of
The Knights of Columbus
St. Bartholomew Parish Hall
470 Ryders Lane, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Dinner at: 7:00 PM Show Starts at: 8:00PM
Doors Open at: 6:00 PM
$45.00 Per Person $80.00 Per Couple
Proceeds Donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation,
Buffet Dinner, Beer, Wine, Dessert, and Laughter!
For Tickets Call: 732- 955-6730 or 732-322-4008
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
50/50 Raffle and Many Prizes
TICKETS AVAILABLE BY ADVANCED PURCHASE ONLY
from Valdez agency
October 3 at 7pm Free community program
Edison Library Main Branch 340 Plainfield Ave. Edison, NJ 08817
For info call 732-287-2298 x 228
Oct. 7 Metuchen Fair Main St., then stop over at Hailey's Harp
Oct 9 at 7 PM South Brunswick Library
Wills, Estate Planning & Probate Seminar Mon open to the public
Oct 14 2017 Military Law Symposium- to help Veterans
Rutgers College Avenue Student Center, 126 College Ave New Brunswick, NJ 08901 [the Barn]
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM ET
This a free seminar for NJ Bar members. Pre-registration is required.
The day offers comprehensive coverage of several key issues, including:
Employment: Take a look at the impact of the Uniform Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
Criminal defense: Learn how to tell the veteran's story and translate their military experience
to mitigate implications relating to the charged offense.
Elder Law: Find out more about veteran pension options and how they relate to Social Security and other assets.
Family Law: Get the details on the Service members' Civil Relief Act, child custody issues unique to the military, and federal and New Jersey laws.
Military Discharge Status: Learn what steps to take to upgrade status, and the importance of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
Veterans Benefits: Make certain to know what benefits are available.
Representation before the Department of Veterans Affairs: Prepare yourself to be become accredited to help veterans; know basic eligibility is for benefits and disability compensation; the administrative level application and Notice of Disagreement; and the appeals process.
Note: Attendance at the event will qualify for Veterans' Administration accreditation in compliance with 38 C.F.R. 14.629 (b).