Written by attorney Arthur R Panza | Apr 9, 2018

New Jersey Hardship Stays and other relief available after Eviction Hearing

Even if judgment for possession is entered in Court, a New Jersey tenant can still file for Orderly Removal, a Hardship Stay or Rule to Show Cause.

Additional resources provided by the author

A New Jersey Hardship Stay and Rule to Show Cause should be requested in accordance to N.J.S.A. 2A: 42-10.1 and/or N.J.S.A. 2A:42-10.6. This guide is not offered as legal advice. New Jersey tenants should consult counsel before seeking relief after an Eviction Hearing.

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer