Written by attorney Elizabeth Madalena Ricci

How to change your name with Form N-400

The naturalization application allows you to legally change or shorten your name for no extra cost. You can also change your name after you become a citizen, but it will cost $100 to $500, depending on where you file.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer