Written by attorney Christine Sue Cook

My spouse is trying to kick me out of our home. Is that legal?

You have just as much right to be in the marital house as your spouse does. If there has been any history of domestic violence, however, you can petition the court to have exclusive use and possession of your home, which has to be granted by a judge.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer