Written by attorney Rafael Ariel Poltielov

My Home is Going for Auction - What Can I do?

A Notice of Sale, which is required to be served upon you will notify you of the specific date and time that your home will be auctioned. This will usually be in the Supreme Court of the county in which your home is located. Two methods can be utilized to stop the sale.

Additional resources provided by the author

After utilizing Method 1 (filing Bankruptcy) or Method 2 (Order to Show Cause), you will buy yourself enough time to seek certain retention options with your bank. For example, you can engage in a Loan Modification process to see if the bank will modify the terms of your mortgage to make it more affordable for you. You can also engage in a Short Sale if you choose not to retain your home. It is best to engage an experienced foreclosure defense attorney to represent you in the aforementioned legal processes. You should try to seek help as soon as possible so that you can thoroughly explore all of the options which may be available to you.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer