Written by attorney Matthew Eugene Ludt

Modifying Custody: Home Integration

For modifying a custody order, parents often have to show that the child has been integrated into the family of the petitioner with the consent of the other party. (1) But what is this integration?

Additional resources provided by the author

(1) Minn. Stat. § 518.18(b) (2) Peterson v. Peterson,365 N.W.2d 315,318 (Minn. Ct. App. 1985). (3) Steier v. Steier, No. C5-92-341 (Minn. Ct. App. July 7, 1992) (unpublished opinion). (4) Downey v. Zwigart, 378 N.W.2d 639, 642 (Minn. Ct. App. 1985). (5) Gibson v. Gibson, 471 N.W.2d 384, 386 (Minn. Ct. App. 1991) (6) Minn. Stat. § 518.18(b) (7) Minn. Stat. § 518.18(b).

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer