Skip to main content

Modification of Family Court Orders - ARFLP 91A

Posted by attorney Jeff Biddle

If you have a court order that you would like to petition the court to modify, here is the information that you should include in the pleading:

  • Filing fee - currently $81 in Maricopa County
  • The relief you are asking the court to grant (change child support to $500/month, grant Father additional parenting time every Wednesday from 6pm until 9am Thurdsay morning
  • Whether the matter is a IV-D (four-dee) matter or not. If you don't know, you most likely are not.
  • What part of the prior order you are requesting to modify. (Place the current order in quotation marks. i.e., "Father shall pay to Mother monthly child support in the amount of $1,212.50 per month"
  • The date the prior order was entered
  • The name and location of the court that entered the prior order

Check the rules for your specific modification in ARFLP 91 to see if an Affidavit of Financial Information is required. If so, this needs to be completed and filed WITH the Petition.

When you are ready to file, take the following to the filing counter:

  • Petition + three copies (the clerk will notarize the petition if you haven't already done so)
  • Three (3) blank orders to appear
  • If required, Affidavit of Financial Information + three copies
  • Two self-addressed, stamped envelopes (one addressed to you, one to the other party)

Take a copy of everything you filed to the judge (there is a mailing room in each courthouse) and drop one copy of the Petition and Affidavit of Financial Information and all of the Orders to Appear and envelopes in the judge's inbox.

Then, you serve the other party with everything. Good luck

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?