Written by attorney Maury Devereau Beaulier

Modification of Child Support Arrears

Generally, child support arrears cannot be modified by a court. However, there are exceptions which may offer solutions or negotiations that may result in reductions.

Additional resources provided by the author

See Minn. Stat. § 518A.39, subd. 1 (Supp. 2015); see Dakota County v. Gillespie, 866 N.W.2d 905, 909 (Minn. 2015). See Minn. Stat. § 518A.38, subd. 3 (2004); Karypis v Karypis, 458 N.W.2d. 129 (1990).

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer