Written by attorney Tracey M. Martin-Henry

Michigan Eviction Quick Guide

Additional resources provided by the author

To learn more about housing rights in Michigan and where to get help: • Consult the website for local housing resources and tenant counseling services. • Consult the website for legal education articles and local service information. If you received court papers or otherwise need free or low cost legal advice: • Visit and search for local assistance by entering your zip code in the box marked “Find a lawyer, organization or related service to help you with your problem.” • Contact the Michigan State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 968- 0738, or • Persons age 60 or older, regardless of their income, may be able to receive free advice from the Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors by calling (800) 347-5297.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer