Written by attorney Linda Yin Liang

May I obtain green card while on E2 visa?

The answer is yes. There are two types of visas. One is immigrant visa, another one is non-immigrant visa. Immigrant visa is base for adjustment of status--green card. E2 visa is non-immigrant visa. Adjustment of status is not automatic. However, E2 visa holder can apply for family-based immigrant visa or employment-based immigrant visa in order to adjust status to permanent residence.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer