MAKING WORKPLACE POLICY FRESH, CLEAN, STANDARD
Order Our 2019 Updated Model Employee Handbook and Hire-to-Fire Forms
“The employee manual creates very clear-cut policyand stable data for staff. Individuals know the rules of the game because they are written. It makes it easier to correct people. Management can refer an erring or complaining employee to specified standards of conduct, promptly and fairly resolving confusions and misbehavior.” – BM
Starting last century,we have developed and refined a “soup-to-nuts” employee handbook and package of basic hire-to-fire forms and policies. We have seen many instances where client implementation of these forms and policies has greatly improved the company’s legal protections in employment screening, hiring, training, terminations, and other related issues.
Our 2019 model employment handbook and formscontain significant revisions to keep pace with new laws and recent case decisions, not the least of which are those inspired by the #metoo movement.
Our model forms and policies include:• Employment application (including releases that acknowledge an employer’s use of pre-employment tests consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s constitutional privacy protection);
• Form job description (again, setting the foundation for pre-employment use of tests);
• Pre-employment procedures policy (properly positioning the above tests as aimed at job-related qualities rather than physical or mental disabilities);
• Employment agreement (including confidentiality/non-disclosure of company trade secrets and mandatory mediation and/or arbitration in the event of a dispute);
• Alternative dispute resolution agreement (establishing private mediation and arbitration in lieu of court-filed complaints);
• Meal and rest break acknowledgments (confirming employer provision of required breaks);
• Paid sick leave policies (to comply with California’s recently enacted requirements); and
• Termination policy, checklist and standard release (to be applied with troublesome employees for greater protection against later, frivolous suits).
Our comprehensive model employee handbook includes:• Conditions of company employment
• Discrimination and harassment, prevention and handling
• Employee compensation
• Employee benefits
• Employee job performance; mutual termination rights
• Employee privacy expectations, employer access to employee-maintained databases and social media guidelines
• Unpaid time off
• Job-related injury or illness
• Workplace health and safety
• Drug and alcohol policy; drug testing
CONTACT US TO ORDER NOWTo order or for more information, contact client services director Loretta Gardea at 626.583.6600 or email her at [email protected]