DEFECTIVE HERNIA SURGICAL MESH IMPLANTS Many surgical mesh implants used to repair hernias have failed, causing unnecessary pain and suffering, and putting patient lives at risk.
RISKS & COMPLICATIONS FROM DEFECTIVE HERNIA MESH PRODUCTSHernia surgical mesh implants, made of synthetic materials, are available in various sizes and forms of woven and non-woven sheets.
Based on reports of adverse events, the FDA has found that hernia mesh implants can cause:
* Severe infection requiring hospitalization
* Bowel Obstruction
* Mesh breakdown or disintegration
* Mesh migration
* Mesh shrinkage or contraction
* Dehiscence (rupture around a surgical incision)
Depending on the patient's situation, revision surgery may be necessary to remove the implant, replace it, and repair any damaged tissue, muscle, or organs.
DEFECTIVE HERNIA MESH PRODUCTSAccording to the FDA, many complications related to hernias repaired with surgical mesh are associated with the following products:
* Atrium C-Qur Mesh
* Johnson and Johnson Ethicon PhysioMesh Composite Mesh
* Johnson and Johnson Ethicon Proceed Mesh
* Covidien ProGrip Mesh
* Covidien Parietex Composite Mesh
* Bard Ventralex ST
* Bard Ventralight ST