LEGAL REFERENCE MATERIALS - Felonies and Misdemeanors in North Carolina - DEFINITIONS 2018
Chapter 14. Criminal Law. SUBCHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Article 1. Felonies and Misdemeanors.
* 14-1. Felonies and misdemeanors defined UPDATED PRE-LONG SESSION NORTH CAROLINA GENERAL ASSEMBLYA felony is a crime which:
(1) Was a felony at common law;
(2) Is or may be punishable by death;
(3) Is or may be punishable by imprisonment in the State's prison; or
(4) Is denominated as a felony by statute.
Any other crime is a misdemeanor. (
* 14-1.1: Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 538, s. 2.Section Repealed in 1993 - NO LONGER STATUTORY REFERENCE
G.S. 14-1.1 * 14-1.1: Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 538, s. 2.
G.S. 14-2 * 14-2: Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 538, s. 2.1.
G.S. 14-2.1 * 14-2.1: Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 538, s. 3.
G.S. 14-2.2 * 14-2.2: Repealed by Session Laws 2003-0378, s. 1, effective August 1, 2003.
Additional resources provided by the author
- Felonies and Misdemeanors in NC
- Bill Powers – Best Lawyers in America – Membership Info & Criterion for Inclusion
- Criminal Defense Lawyers in North Carolina
- Bill Powers – Professional Bio - Criminal Defense Lawyers Charlotte NC
- Family Violence, Assault, Battery, Protective Orders in North Carolina
- Drug Trafficking in NC
- 2 Fast 2 Serious - Street Racing in Charges in North Carolina - Felony or Misdemeanor?
- North Carolina Sexual Assaults: Rape, Statutory Rape, Indecent Liberties -HELPFUL INFO
- What Does It Mean To Be Indicted in North Carolina?
- NC Indictment Laws - Info on Indictments & Grand Juries
- Is DUI a felony in North Carolina?
- What is ROBBERY in North Carolina?
- Top 3 Things to Do if Arrested in North Carolina
- How are child abuse cases prosecuted in NC?
- Homicide Murder Defense & Manslaughter Charges in North Carolina
- Serious Felony Charges on College Campus - TITLE IX Criminal Offenses - Allegations of Sexual Assault
- NC Criminal Law FAQs
- Larceny Embezzlement Charges in NC
- $50 DISCOUNT CERTIFICATE - Charlotte NC Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Felony Drug Trafficking in North Carolina
- Expunction of NC Criminal Charges - Helpful Information & Sample Forms
- Bill Powers - Professional Profile - Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC