Status of North Carolina CRIMINAL LAWS SEX OFFENSES 2018
Venue for sexual offenses
* 15A-136. Venue for sexual offenses.
If a person is transported by any means, with the intent to violate any of the provisions of
Article 7B of Chapter 14 (* 14-27.20 et seq.) of the General Statutes and the intent is followed
by actual violation thereof, the defendant may be tried in the county where transportation was
offered, solicited, begun, continued or ended.
Article 4. Entry and Withdrawal of Attorney in Criminal Case.
* 15A-141. When entry of attorney in criminal proceeding occur
An attorney enters a criminal proceeding when he:
(1) Files a written notice of entry with the clerk indicating an intent to represent
a defendant in a specified criminal proceeding; or
(2) Appears in a criminal proceeding without limiting the extent of his
(3) Appears in a criminal proceeding for a limited purpose and indicates the
extent of his representation by filing written notice thereof with the clerk; or
(4) Accepts assignment to represent an indigent defendant under the terms of
Article 36 of Chapter 7A of the General Statutes; or
(5) Files a written waiver of arraignment, except that representation in this
instance may not be limited pursuant to subdivision (3). (1973, c. 1286, s. 1;
1975, 2nd Sess., c. 983, s. 135.)
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on
their profile in addition to the information we collect from state
bar associations and other organizations that license legal
professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo
with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do
What determines Avvo Rating?
Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.