5 BIG MISTAKES TO AVOID if You Are Injured in a Car Accident or Hurt at Work.
1. NOT SEEING THE DOCTOR IF YOU ARE IN PAIN.
2. NOT DOING WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAYS.
3. NOT KEEPING YOUR DOCTOR APPOINTMENT.
4. DISCUSSING YOUR CASE WITH ANYONE OTHER THAN MEMBERS OF OF YOUR LAWYER'S OFFICE OR YOUR DOCTOR.
5. FAILING TO TELL YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT MEDICAL PROBLEMS DUE TO THE ACCIDENT
3 THINGS NOT TO DO if You Are Injured in a Car Accident or Hurt at Work.
1. Do not give any statements, written, recorded, or oral, to anyone concerning your accident or injuries without first getting your lawyer's approval.
2. Do not make any incorrect statement to any doctor who may treat or examine you respecting any prior injuries or accidents - if you don't remember something, say you don't remember - i.e., don't guess or assume anything.
3. Do not change your address or employment without notifying your attorney.
7 THINGS TO REMEMBER if You Are Injured in a Car Accident or Hurt at Work.
1. Contact Info: Inform your attorney immediately of any change of address and/or phone number or job.
2. Car Repair: If your car was damaged, try to obtain pictures before you get it repaired. Take a whole lot of pictures (at least 2 dozen). Email them to your lawyer. If you do not have a camera, call and make arrangements to take the pictures.
3. Medical Items: Save all pill bottles, casts, braces, and any other items from your doctors - they could be evidence.
4. Pictures: Give your lawyer pictures and videos of the accident or accident scene that you or anyone else has taken.
5. Your job: Tell your lawyer of any changes in your job, job duties, salary, etc.
6. Receipts: Save all receipts itemizing any and all expenses you incurred as a result of your accident. Receipts must be dated and contain legible and complete vendor identification.
7. New information: Inform your lawyer of anything with a bearing on the case, like extensive medical treatment or hospitalization.