InfoPass Appointments with the USCIS
An InfoPass appointment with your local USCIS office is a free service which allows you to resolve the immigration issues with a USCIS officer in person.
Who Needs to Make an InfoPass AppointmentUSCIS's InfoPass appointment web page allows you to schedule an InfoPass appointment in 12 different languages. You can make an appointment whether you are inside or outside the US. This page also allows you to get information quickly and online for any of the following questions:
* If your question is of a general nature;
* If you need an immigration application form;
* If you want to check the case of a pending immigration case;
* If you want to file your application in person;
* If you are a permanent residence, but have not received your green card; or
* If you want to e-mail USCIS a question about your case.
InfoPass - Helpful InformationThe USCIS InfoPass appointment page also contains the following helpful resources for permanent residents, US citizens and foreign nationals;
* How to Work in the US
* Change Nonimmigrant Status in the US
* Find an Authorized Doctors for a Medical Exam
* Renew or replace a Green Card
* Become a US Citizen
* Adopt a Child
* Request Proof of US Citizenship
* Find an ESL or a Civics and Government Class
* Learn about Naturalization
* Practice for the Naturalization Civics Test
* Learn about the Rights and Responsibilities of a US Citizen
InfoPass - Additional InformationUSCIS also provides the following additional information about your appointment:
USCIS appointments are free. If you know of anyone selling an appointment, call the USCIS Contact Center at (800) 375-5283;
* Do not bring to the appointment any scissors, flammable liquids (including aerosol sprays and bottles of perfume), knives, nail clippers, tweezers and other sharp objects;
* The offices are small. Only the people who need to attend should come. Bring a translator if you need someone to help with translation; and
* Please come 15 minutes early before your time to go through the security checkpoint and check in. * Do not come earlier than 15 minutes. If you are late, your appointment will be cancelled and you will have to reschedule.
For additional information about InfoPass, please see USCIS's Your Guide to InfoPass.