Written by attorney Christine Swenson

Immigrants and Selective Service: How failing to register can hurt your US citizenship application

If you are a man between the ages of 18 and 25, among the documents you may need to provide, as you make your way through the immigration process, is proof you registered with Selective Service. Read the answers to common questions and learn if you need to register, how to obtain proof of registration, or what to do if you failed to register.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer