Written by attorney John S. Fason

If Your Attorney Will Not Return Your Call

Additional resources provided by the author

The State Bar of Texas says: "Is Filing a Complaint the Right Option? If you have a problem with your lawyer, first try to talk with him or her. Many times these problems can best be handled outside of the attorney grievance (complaint) system. The Texas State Bar's toll-free Grievance Information Helpline (1-800-932-1900) can help you determine whether to report the conduct of the lawyer and whether other resources might be beneficial. If talking to your lawyer does not resolve the problem, call the Texas Client-Attorney Assistance Program (CAAP) for help at: 1-800-932-1900."

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer