Written by attorney Guichard St. Surin

If the other parent will not allow me to see my children, do I have to pay support in Florida?


Yes, you still have to pay support, in Florida, if the other parent is not allowing you to see the children. What you can do is, you can file a contempt motion to have the time-sharing rights enforced or you can also file a modification to have the court reestablish the time-sharing, where the court may potentially grant you more time-sharing with the child because of the communication and relationship issue you’re having with the other parent.

Additional resources provided by the author

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families. We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved. We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers. With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again. We truly are here to serve the one. For more information, Please visit our website or schedule a consultation.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer