If I get new job can I still get NC Work Comp benefits?
When do I become eligible for lost wage compensation? No compensation is due for the first seven (7) days of lost time unless the disability exceeds 21 days. Therefore, the first check will not include payment for days 1-7. Payment for those days will be made should the disability continue beyond 21 days.
How often are compensation payments made? Weekly, but the Commission can authorize payments on a monthly basis in some circumstances.
At what rate of pay? 66 2/3% of the average weekly wage, not to exceed $978.00* (2017 maximum) per week.
- The maximum weekly benefit is adjusted annually.
How long is the employee eligible to receive lost-time weekly benefits? Until the employee is able to return to work.
Additional resources provided by the author
- Kevin Jones - Professional Profile - JUSTIA
- Kevin Jones - Reviews - New Bern NC Lawyer
- Should I hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer
- How to file for Workmans Compensation
- FREE DOWNLOAD - Sample NC Work Comp Claim Form
- How to choose a NC Work Comp Lawyer
- Can I get Workers Compensation for the Coronavirus?
- My Boss is Pressuring Me to Return to Work
- How Work Comp Trials Work
- What’s the Value of a Work Comp Case in North Carolina?
- Intoxication and Workplace Injuries
- Will I Lose My Workers Compensation if I Delay Filing?