Written by attorney Christine Sue Cook

I share custody/time-sharing with my ex-wife, but she is an unfit parent. What should I do?

If you believe the other parent caring for your minor child or children of the marriage is unfit, you're first obligation is to protect your children. This is definitely something that you should seek the advice of an experienced family law lawyer on to make sure that you don't violate any of the laws and withhold your children from the other parent unnecessarily.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer