Written by attorney Mary Elizabeth King

I just realized that I must file U.S. income tax returns for prior years. How many years back do I h

If you have not filed tax returns for many years, the IRS will require you to file six years of tax returns going back. If you have trouble obtaining any financial documents in order to prepare those returns, a qualified tax attorney can help you with getting those records form the IRS so that the tax returns can be prepared and filed.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer