Written by attorney Clifton C. Carden

I haven’t been drinking but I had an accident, do I have to give a breath sample to the officer?

An officer has the authority to request a road side breath test at an accident even though the motorist has not been drinking. This guide will explain the consequences of refusing to do so.

Additional resources provided by the author

New York Vehicle and Traffic Law 1194.1(b) and 1199.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer