Written by attorney Jeanette M. Durham

I have a Maine Child Support Obligation - How Can I Change The Amount of My Payments?

In Maine, child support orders are most commonly established in one of two ways: 1) by Order of the District Court, or, 2) through the issuance of an "Administrative Child Support Decision" from the Child Support Division of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services.

Additional resources provided by the author

The Pine Tree Legal Assistance website is a great resource for how-to instructions for district court actions and for district court forms. For questions about your Maine DHHS administrative child support decision, it may be best to go to your local DHHS office to speak with someone in the Division of Child Support Enforcement and Recovery.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer