Written by attorney Peggy Y. Cruz-Townsend

I am a non-custodial parent, but my child lives with me now. Can I change the child support order?

Yes, after an order is initially entered, any parent can come back to court to modify it. In this case. If the child is now living with the parent that the child was not initially living with, then that would be considered a substantial change in circumstances that would warrant a change in the prior order.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer