Written by attorney Triston M Dallas

How to request a restraining order in the event of domestic violence.

If you are a victim of domestic violence in Oregon what you need to file is a request for a FAPA restraining order which is a Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order.

You go to the courthouse and you ask for this request, you have to show that abuse or threat of abuse occurred within the last 180 days and then a sheriff or a process server will serve the abusing party and at that point if the judge has ordered that the restraining order is in place then it will be intact at that point and the respondent or the other party will have to then request a hearing on the restraining order but it will be in effect at that time.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer