1. Call 9-1-1. The police will respond to an accident if there are injuries.
2. Turn off all vehicles involved in the crash and secure the area.
3. Attend to anyone injured in the accident.
4. Gather information from all persons involved in the accident, including names, addresses, phone numbers, drivers licenses, insurance information (carrier, policy number, claim telephone number). Also try to get the names of any witnesses to the accident.
5. If possible, Take pictures of all vehicles at the scene of the accident.
After the Accident
1. Report the accident to your insurance company.
2. Report the accident to the DMV (you have 10 days to do this in the state of California).
3. Seek medical attention immediately.
4. Take photos of your vehicle before it is repaired (at your home or at the towing yard).
5. Seek the assistance of a competent personal injury attorney to pursue your property damage and personal injury claims.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.
What determines Avvo Rating?
Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.