Written by attorney Steven Lee McBride

How to Obtain a Delayed Birth Certificate

If a birth occurring in the State of Texas is not officially registered within the first year, a Delayed Certificate of Birth may be requested through the Texas Vital Statistics office. This guide will walk you through the steps necessary to obtain a Delayed Certificate of Birth.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer