Written by attorney Christine Miller Hendrix

How To Move Out-of-State With Kids After a Divorce

In Missouri, once a custody order is entered, a parent who wants to relocate with the minor children must provide written notice by certified mail (return receipt requested) at least 60 days in advance of the proposed relocation to the non-relocating parent (Missouri Revised Statute §452.377).

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer