Skip to main content

How to file for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals also known as DACA

Posted by attorney Bettina Yanez

How to file for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals or Dream Act you will need to hire reputable legal representation as there is no appeal process. You get one chance to request consideration, so make it count do it right. If you want to file without the assistance of an attorney here are the steps: File form I-821D with supporting documentation; File form I-765 application for Employment Authorization; File form I-756WS; To receive an e-Notification when

your forms have been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the front of the Form I-821D. Send in the fee of $465.00 Checklist to ensure your request is accepted for processing by USCIS: Make sure you sign all the forms. Make sure you submit the correct fees. Make sure to include all the documentation required by the form instructions. Make sure you complete the required form fields: After you file your documents you will receive the biometrics appointment date letter. Mark the date on your calendar and do not forget to attend. I have found that approvals can be received as soon as two weeks after your biometrics and on other cases I am still waiting. It just depends on how fast the USCIS workeris in processing that happned to be assigned to yur case. Best of Luck! For further information regarding immigration issues such as the Dream Act, please contact the immigration lawyer in Orange County at 714-665-6600. Call today for your free 60-minute consultation!

Additional resources provided by the author

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?